Thursday, June 21, 2012

Why worry

I know it is barely 8 AM but I thought I would say a few "things" while they were fresh. I wished I was a better writer or wrote a higher level so maybe my written articulation would come across a tad more sophisticated.
Oh well it is what it is........  (& I really hate that saying! !)
 
My wife had just left for work and I thought I would do the dishes just to have the counter top clean.  (kinda anal retentive I know - they could have just as easily gone into the dishwasher).  Anyway while washing the dishes I glanced up to my left and saw the "Why Worry" poster board hanging on the side of the cabinet and it made tears come to me eyes.

Why the stupid tears?  What the h$ll is the matter with me?  I was never an emotional person and other than anger never experienced the softer side of the emotional spectrum.  If that makes any sense to anyone at all ?

Maybe because I croaked and revived a couple of times?  Maybe I now understand life a little bit better than before 9 July 2010?

Anyway, while looking at and rereading the sign I started thinking about my mother-in-law who died in 1998.  Talk about a garrulous, grumpy, funny person,  that definitely was Polly.  She could go from a happy go lucky person to chewing on my ass in a New York second  and I realized that I actually missed her.  Darn.
She gave me this several years before she died and I/we have hung it in our kitchen(s) as she had done.

Anyhew, so this post and a scanned copy of Why Worry and a little bit about Polly is now part of the netherworld of the internet and back to the dishes I go.




*****************************************************************

The Star Beacon; Ashtabula, Ohio

October 16, 2008

Polly S. Geyer

Friday, Oct. 17, 2008


KINSMAN — Polly S. Geyer, age 79, died Thursday, Oct. 16, 2008, at her residence with her family by her side.

Born April 28, 1929, in Neola, W. Va., she was the daughter of the Late Virgil “Bub” E. Cole and Lula G. (Eckard) Cole. On May 7, 1949, she married Donald A. Geyer.

Mrs. Geyer owned and operated Polly’s Clothing Store in Kinsman for over 25 years.

She attended the Kinsman Chapel of Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, was a member of the Ladies Auxiliary Kinsman Volunteer Fire Department and volunteered at the fire department for the Senior Citizens gatherings. She loved her dogs and enjoyed bowling.

Survivors include a daughter, Katheryn G. (Matthew) DeBack of Albuquerque, N. M.; son, James P. (Vicki) Geyer of Kinsman; daughter-in-heart, Carol Sciscinger of Fowler, Ohio; sister, Ora Henson of Countonville, W. Va.; brother, Danielle Cole of Austinburg, Ohio; six grandchildren, Jennifer, Michael, Lisa, Jimmy, Jamie and Shannon; and five great-grandchildren, Lexis, Evan, Allison, Gabrielle and Gavin.

She is preceded in death by her husband of 48 years, Donald, who died on Aug. 20, 1997; her parents; sister, Juanita Wood; and two brothers, Virgil and William Cole.

A Funeral Service will be 1 p.m., Monday, Oct. 20th, at BAUMGARDNER FUNERAL HOME, 8569 Main St., Kinsman, Ohio, with the Rev. Howard M. Darr officiating. Burial will follow in Kinsman Cemetery.

Calling hours are 2 to 5 p.m., Sunday, at the Funeral Home.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Fire Department Ladies Aux., P.O. Box 241, Kinsman, Ohio 44428 or to Hospice of the Valley, 5190 Market St., Youngstown, Ohio 44512.

Guestbook available at www.baumgardnerfuneralhomes.com and starbeacon.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks