Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday the 14th


Friday was a bugger but I ended up having a great weekend.  Saturday went out shopping with the wife.  Went to Target, ostensibly to buy a double walled drink container and ended up buying a sweat shirt, pair of shorts, Tank top, and a new jacket.  All were on sale and all I had to do was for everything we bought I would get rid a like one.  In other words,  for the new pair of shorts I would get rid of an old crappy pair.  No problem.

Sunday did the yards - weed whacked and mowed.  Did not hurt too much.  Must mean I'm re-building some muscle....I hope.

Picked up 3 DVDs tday.  1-Underworld:  Awakening
                                                       &
                                          2-Columbiana
                                                        &
                                          3-Apollo 18

Have a blood doctor's appointment today.  My problem:  With aplastic anemia, the bone marrow doesn't make red blood cells.  Reason for that is  I don't absorb enough of whatever because only 6 ft. of intestine.  Malnourishment.   So wonder if he is going to talk infusion or bone marrow testing.  Don't know but I am leaning towards an infusion.



Extra info - -

The two bone marrow tests are aspiration (as-pih-RA-shun) and biopsy.

Bone marrow aspiration usually is done first. For this test, your doctor removes a small sample of fluid bone marrow through a needle. He or she may have some idea of what the problem is, and the sample gives him or her useful information about the cells in the marrow.
A bone marrow biopsy is the followup test. It's done to provide more information about your cells. Also, a biopsy is done if your doctor wants to examine the bone marrow structure itself. For this test, your doctor uses a needle to remove a sample of bone marrow tissue.

Let us just hope neither is required but as I said just do an infusion ! ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks