Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hospital-2 years ago - Might be objectionable ! ! !

Thought about not doing this but what the heck.  Kinda long.

      The first 3 pictures came off of my daughter's cell phone.  I guess if I would have died she would have had something to remember me by.  Must have been 10 monitors hooked up to me.  I have no idea at what point, or where, in time I was at.  1st week in ICU, 2nd week?  I still look like I have some weight on me so it must have been pretty soon after the surgeries. As I said am not sure when was taken. Hold the presses - - I just figured out how to tell when it was.  Looked at the pictures properties and the first 3 were taken on 14 July 2010 at around 4:30 PM.  I do know (well not really but is what I have been told) I was in restraints because I kept trying to remove the hose in my nose and my mouth.  Only one faint memory do I have and that is when 4 nurses piled on top of me to restrain me and I was begging them to not put the hoses back in me.  They ignored me and put them back in.  What a bad patient I was . .sheesh.

In ICU

In ICU

In ICU
Below #4 - Pretty Ugly pic....... Now that is a forced smile for sure.

# 4 taken on 19 July 2010 @ around 7:10 PM

   This was the start of my most drastic weight loss.  My body started to reject any and everything in my system.  Somewhere and I will try to find it is picture of a white board where I started to write down the times I had to go to the bathroom.

Ahh here is one, only used as a representation, Oct 2010 stay in the hospital.

 


*WARNING* * EXPLICIT INFO * * * *  


I was going once every 45 minutes and there were times I would leave a trail of blood and feces from the bed to the bathroom.  I became extremely dehydrated and the nurses were giving me hell because I would not drink anything.  I was so afraid of going to the bathroom I would almost cry every time I would have to go.


Below pic #5 - - This picture just kills me.  Must have been one my wife took and sent to my daughter.  It was my first meal once I was out of ICU about a week before I went home.  I could not believe how much food they piled on the tray or at least it seemed that way to me.  I think I drank a little bit of whatever they gave me and nothing of the solids.



#5 - - My first REAL meal and which was not TPN


And now a couple of before and after.  

Before


AND After



Although I'm 75-80 pounds lighter it does not seem like there is much difference but believe me there is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks