Tuesday, August 7, 2012

7 Aug 2012 - Doctor's visit

   Saw my primary care doctor yesterday.  A 20 minute appointment turned into something along the lines of 30 to 45 minutes.  She likes to talk.  (grin) My B-12 was down but she does not like it even though it is within the standard range. My last B-12 shot was month ago.
   She has decided to go back to giving me the B-12 shot once every week, test my blood for B-12 level in a month, and go from there.

   Other than the B-12 levels everything else was OK.  Lower than she would like on a couple but still within safe parameters.

I became uncomfortable several times during the visit.  Not that much does make me uncomfortable anymore but yesterday.....

   She said, multiple times, while in conversation, what a walking miracle I was.  I really -  really do understand a lot of folks who have had what has happened to me do not survive.  I think I have talked about the survival statistics several times before and how low it is.  Maybe I ought to try and find the most current stat....

   Anyway I, for some odd reason, just don't have that high of an appreciation level for my survival.   I know she and several other doctors have remarked upon how lucky (for lack of a better term) I am.  Just don't see it. Which leads to I expect to survive and once I don't I won't........  I can hear the extreme***cut****** cut +++cut++++++cut++++choice we make.
 
    Maybe because I lost brain cells and my IQ went down (j/k)?
***********************************************************
B-12 from my on-line chart.  See the difference since the last blood test?
Component   Your Value      Standard Range        Units        Flag
Vitamin B12          395         211 - 911        pg/mL
__________________________________________________________
This one was from May 31st:
Vitamin         B12    194           211 - 911                   pg/mL          L
*********************************************************
  Please note(& I know u really don't care) that I had a lot of problems translating the tables to work in blogger so have done via JPGs.  Works better I think.
Here are some of the other results.






And the cartoon for the day:
Beetle Bailey Cartoon for Aug/07/2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks