Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Serious thoughts

To have a serious conversation on almost any subject involves having some knowledge, opinions , some sort of a belief system, and an open (but not linear) mind.  Argue if you want but that's my observation.

Conversation Theory:

http://web.cortland.edu/andersmd/learning/Pask.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversation_theory
http://www.pangaro.com/published/cyb-and-con.html

or just google conservation theory yourself.

And to prove it just have a discussion with a religious zealot, a racist, or an atheist.

While in the hospital's ICU unit, once awake and off the heavy duty drugs, I had a lot of time to think.  One of those times I had thought to myself (as opposed to someone else) and excluding my belief in God and any life thereafter), would I have known if I died.

   Since I have no memory (with the exception of one snapshot of a friend just sitting and staring at me & I have no idea at what time that was but must have been in the very beginning and before surgeries)  starting with the emergency room until I woke a week or so later.  Bad sentence but so what.

While reading a mind candy book I ran across paragraph:

                       "Anesthesiologist Stuart Hameroff and cosmologist Roger Penrose theorized that consciousness arose from the quantum mechanisms of microtubules inside the brain's neurons. Other research showed anesthesia terminates consciousness by binding to specific proteins on those microtubules. Did this mean consciousness really terminates under anesthesia, or do our brains just fail to record the memories? If we die under anesthesia, does consciousness rekindle itself? in some other manner?"


Stuart Hameroff, a physician and researcher, at the University Medical Center in  Tucson, AZ - -      http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/


Roger Penrose is an English mathematical physicist, recreational mathematician, philosopher and Emeritus Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics at the Mathematical Institute of the University of Oxford, as well as Emeritus Fellow of Wadham College.
He received  Wolf Prize for physics which he shared with Stephen Hawking for their contribution to our understanding of the universe.

See him talk about 'The Problem of Conciousness'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFbrnFzUc0U

The point of all this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks