Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years eve

    Well, uneventful weekend with the exception going to the bathroom 1 to many times.  Lazy and did not do a darn thing.

    Woke up this morning and there was between 1/4 and 1/2 inch of snow on the ground.  Thank whomever that I did not have to drive in it unlike my wife. Since I did not receive any calls I assume she made it to work safely.
Since it was so grayish outside, with lightly falling snow, I decided to turn on the outside lights.  Yeah, these are they lights I was going to take down this weekend but didn't 'cause it was way to cold to be messing around outside.
    As a matter of fact I can't keep my nose from running and I have a sore throat. All I need is to get sick...

Since I don't feel like going outside in the snow and cold, I'm not taking the lights down but instead I am going to watch the movie "Battleship" (http://www.battleshipmovie.com/).

Battleship Poster


I guess swearing/cussing can land you in jail! !   Since, lately, I have found myself swearing more, check this story out:

 Swearing woman freed from jail

NILES, Mich. (UPI) -- A Michigan woman jailed over the Christmas holiday for swearing as she left a court clerk's office has been released on bond, officials said.

LaRue Ford left the Berren County Jail on Friday after her bond was reduced to $500. She had been jailed since Dec. 18 for cursing in the court clerk's office.

Ford said she was cussing to herself, not to the clerk, because she was frustrated as she attempted to clear up an old traffic ticket, WOOD-TV, Grand Rapids, Mich., said. A district judge ordered her arrested when she came back with $50 to pay the ticket.

Ford, 49, had no criminal record and has a master's degree in social work.

"It wasn't necessary, it wasn't even necessary to put me through all this," she told WOOD.

The American Civil Liberties Union had filed an emergency appeal to get Ford freed on bond. 


AND another story regarding those "annoying" words:

  'Whatever' slips in annoying words poll

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (UPI) -- "Whatever" remains the most annoying word or phrase in the English language, a poll indicates.

"Like" and you know trailed in the show and place positions, the Marist College Institute for Public Opinion in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., reported Thursday.

Almost one-third, 32 percent, of the adults surveyed selected "whatever." Another 21 percent picked like and 17 percent you know.

"Just sayin" was the only other phrase to break into double digits at 10 percent. Another 9 percent picked Twitterverse and 5 percent gotcha.

"Whatever" has now been in the top spot for four years running. But it has lost ground from last year when 38 percent found it most annoying.

Older respondents, non-college graduates and people with incomes under $50,000 were more likely to be annoyed by "whatever." Respondents under 45, college graduates and those with larger incomes tended to go for like.

Marist surveyed 1,246 adults by telephone Dec. 4-6. The margin of error is 2.8 percentage points. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks