Friday, December 14, 2012

Dealing with the Doctors

Had a goofy day yesterday.  Needed to go and pick up my prescription for the narcotic which is used to slow down my motility.  Anyone with Short Bowel knows exactly what I'm talking about!

Anyway drove down to Kaseman Hospital - http://www.phs.org/PHS/hospitals/hospitals/kaseman/index.htm

to pick up the prescription.  Had initiated the process via Presbyterian's "My Health" messaging system.  Since I had never used it before ( and listening to my wife's positivity) I ended up calling them to ensure they had received the request.  They had but were waiting for the Doctor to come back in.

  Ok ... so far so good.  Got up to the second floor, stood in line like a good little automaton, waiting for my turn although there was no one in front of me.  OK, I get it no problem. Finally I'm called over and she asks "How can I help you"
-Ehhh ... so far so good - - I relayed to her saying I was here to pick up a prescrition, she said what doctor I said Dr Weiss.  She look in some racks behind her and found nothing then she said it was sent to my pharmacy.  I said HuH this is a narcotic and I needed to pick up manually.  She said OH no it was sent, so I said when did the policy change and if it did why weren't we/I notified.  She said Oh no it has been like that for quite some time, now it's my turn to go HUH again ! !
At this time I'm getting a little uncomfortable and my patience is starting to run  out when some little girl (a woman would have waited HER turn) jumped in and told the receptionist she wanted her co-pay back.  I kinda roll my eyes but I keep my mouth shut.  Anyway when the receptionist gets done dealing with this little twit, she tells me hold on while to speaks to Dr Weiss's nurse.  Sure no problem.

So this starts off another argument style conversation between the nurse and the receptionist.

Bottom line to all this the nurse then brought out the prescription and said I will deal with the receptionist. Then we talked for a minute or two regarding the "My Health" messaging system.
Had another glitch with my blood testing but don't feel up to writing about it.  Maybe tomorrow.

Ate at Carl's Jr on the way home.  Hamburg, Fries, and a milkshake was sick all evening and through out the night.  Crapped my brains out... enough said.  Kinda miserable today.


Here is some more human stupidity:


 Xmas lights on truck yield $274 ticket

WICHITA, Kan. (UPI) -- A Kansas man given a $274 citation for decking his pickup truck out in Christmas lights said his illuminated vehicle has been spreading holiday cheer.

David Hill of Wichita, founder of the group OneSpark, which aims to feed and clothe the homeless, said he spent 16 hours covering his truck in Christmas lights and hooking them to a generator in the bed of the vehicle, KAKE-TV, Wichita, reported Thursday.

Hill said he was surprised when he was pulled over two weeks ago on the highway and fined $274 for his light display.

"I'm not saying he was right or wrong," Hill said of the ticketing officer. The bottom line is there's so many people in this town right now that are hurting. And literally, there's been thousands of people that have taken pictures with that truck and it's brought a smile to their face.

Hill said he will leave the lights on his truck to spread Christmas cheer and bring attention to his organization's charitable efforts.

Police Lt. Joe Schroeder said the lights could prove a dangerous distraction for other drivers.

"When you take a vehicle and you cover it with that many lights, it's an issue of safety," Schroeder said. You're going to get the rubberneckers who are going to be staring at the vehicle. They're going to have a collision or rear end somebody because they're too busy looking at this car that's driving down the road. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks