Thursday, March 17, 2011

Coumadin clinic and other thoughts

Went to coumadin doc yesterday.  For the second week in a row I have been at 2.5......A minor miracle.  Now stretching it out to 2 week period and see what happens.

This afternoon have to see my primary care doc... she is allotted 40 minutes to talk to me and make whatever decisions she needs to make.  I have the un-pleasure of telling her I've cancelled the hematologists appointment and see what develops.  My iron levels are low, nothing new there, but with this last blood test I must have dipped a little lower than normal.  I'm gonna see if I can't correct it with a further change in diet.

Thinking about my stuff yesterday I realized that I went to sleep on July 9th, 2010 and did not wake up until almost 3 weeks and 3 operations later.  Have no idea, other than what has been relayed to me by my family, of what happened.  I can't imagine the grief my wife went through during that time, let alone the rest of the family.  What I do know is that they prepped for my death based upon the doctor's prognosis.  When I finally came home my home was not my home.  Some of the items accomplished I am grateful for since I still don't have my strength totally back and not able to do.  Some stuff like totally redecorating in preparation for the sale of the house just sucked.  We still have not returned the house to as it was before me falling down and playing dead.

Today started on Codeine Sulfate and Creon.  Stopped using Vicodin which I had been using to slow down bowel motility.  Crapping ones brains out is no fun at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks