Friday, March 18, 2011

Chicken Fried steak

Well, the primary care doctor's appointment went off well. We discussed the low iron and she will speak with the blood doc once again and let me know if I really need to go see him.  (See bottom)

On the way home stopped at the Village Inn for dinner.  My wife, as typical, had a salad.  I, on the other hand, had Chicken Fried Steak, Tomato/basil soup and mashed potatoes. This might have contributed to the horrible night I had because of the dairy products involved.

Went to bed at 9PM, out like a log, and woke up at 11:15 PM with my intestines gurgling beyond belief, pressure so bad I did not think I was going to make it to the bathroom.  I did but it was all water.  Went back to bed and fell asleep immediately.

Woke up once again at 2:15 AM with the same symptoms.  But the pressure would come and go.  I tried to out last it but had to go to the bathroom at 2:30 AM., then could not go back to sleep until almost 3 AM.  Intestines continued to gurgle so loud at times I'm surprised my wife didn't hear it in the next room. 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention but after coming home from the hospital we found out that if she was going to get any type of quality of sleep she would have to sleep in another bedroom so that is happening.  Been married for 36+ years and always slept together.  Kinda sucks but I get it and to be honest am getting used to it. 

Woke up a little before 7 AM and a 7:30 AM had breakfast of Chicken noodle soup.  Did not go to the bathroom again until 10:45 which is kind of a long time since the last one [2:30 am].  Still tired.

Damn... just got off the phone with the PCP nurse.  They went ahead and are setting me up for an IV transfusion for the low iron.  Damn... Damn..  They say it will give me more energy.. why the hell do I need more energy to sit on my ass and do nothing.  Called the wife since she has the appointment book and dumped it on her to call and make the appt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks