Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Some more randomness

I will try to keep from doing some of my rants, but I still standby the reality of my immigrant  grandparents.

Reading a book, via Kindle, called  "Sharky's Machine.  If it sounds familiar it is because it was written by William Diehl and was made into a movie starring Burt Reynolds in 1981. (read about it on wiki - - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharky's_Machine_(film)

      Anyway a quote just seemed to jump out at me.  Here it is:
     "The Chinese have a proverb----'The beginning of Wisdom is
      calling a thing by its right name."'
      In other words, let's be blunt?"

The first thing that came to mind was the phrase 'Illegal immigrant/alien'  and how so many folks, from the left/progressives/liberals, try to make one feel wrongly about using the phrase AND I should leave it at that but I won't.    From a year or so ago in a conversation the on-line City-Data.Com was a response to someone's comment - - Oh, and a word to my fellow posters, "illegals" is really not acceptable nomenclature. It's crass, dehumanizing and just as inappropriate as referring to people of color as "colored." Perhaps choose your language more thoughtfully. Generally "undocumented" is preferred.

Bull pucky and I responded by saying that was a load of you know what and in not the nicest of manner which was - - -And people like "you" are what is driving this country into the ground. The drivel that you spout makes me just sick. You (the generic you) are either here legally or illegally and calling the illegals undocumented just tries to hide that fact."""  Pure garbage........... Then I just left it alone.
****************************************************************
Today I'm gonna take the doggie to the groomers.  Make him look like a real Schnauzer instead of a little fur ball.  It has been so cold here lately that it just seems like the wrong thing to do right now.  I probably bothers me more than it does him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks