Friday, November 2, 2012

Just some headlines from the 2nd of Nov, 2012

Have a neat story or at least I thinks so.
          Wife had to stay home from work yesterday so that she could a small problem (cyst) removed from her back.  SO we headed to the doctor's office and by noon the procedure was done.  We then decided might as well go to Walmart and pick a few things up.  Bandages, tape, copy paper etc etc.  While we were walking and picking thins up and by a stand where Walmart employees were handing out food samples I hear a voice that I remembered but could not place  (Old age memory problems- most of have been there a time or two.) 

   Anyway I looked up and I knew the face but not from where and then I looked down and saw that he had a steel hand (seriously, his hand was made out of stainless steel) and I then remembered his name.  Bob will do for here.  Talk about small wonders, here in the middle of nowhere (sorry Albuquerque), in a Walmart, out of the blue was I guy I worked with on Vandenberg AFB 20 years ago.  Made me kinda warm and fuzzy.  Oh well, on to some of today's stupid headlines.
    Just for grins although a few are not worth grinning about.


NYC Official: Red Cross 'Absolute Disgrace'...

Looters Dress Like Con Edison Workers to Gain Access to Houses...

Non-union crews turned away from NJ...this kinda reminds me of why I dislike unions so intensely:

http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonunion-ala-crews-turned-away-from-sandy-recovery

New Obamacare Tax Form Mandates Americans Report Personal Health ID Info to IRS...

This one kinda makes me really angry......
Report: 27 Cadets Injured in Brawl at U.S. Air Force Academy...

Food Stamp Growth 75X Greater than Job Creation..

And this for the 'go figure' area:

Bloomberg Diverts Critical Supplies from Sandy Aid to NYC Marathon...

From "The Jerusalem Post - - Erdogan says Netanyahu sent 'very weird' diplomats 
http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=290247

Google odd headlines and see what comes up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks