Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election thoughts and language barrier

I voted yesterday.  If I can find the right way to describe a young girls first ever  vote I will.  There is hope for the future after all.

About the election - to say I'm disappointed is nowhere near how I am feeling.

   And that is just not because President Obama was re-elected but I just can't grasp the how and why of the democratic party that promotes/is promoting a social liberal and progressive platform, while its Congressional caucus is composed of progressives, liberals, centrists, and left-libertarians.

  3 paragraphs EDITED OUT.... at 11:45 AM
              I don't need to be mean or vicious.

Stole this from some place:
      ""You'll recall that conservatives favor tradition and generally suspect things that that fall outside traditional views of "normal." You could say, then, that a liberal view (also called a progressive view) is one that is open to re-defining "normal" as we become more worldly and aware of other cultures.""

4 paragraphs EDITED OUT AT 11:46 AM 
             Also I don't need to be mean or vicious.


AND I can't believe that I'm a little bit right of off center (on the political spectrum).  I'm a centrist but even I get disgusted by what is happening to our country via the democrats!  !! !

Map of Democrats/blue and republicans/red.  Incredible on how the few control the many.  Last I heard there were over 14 illion less voters in this election as there were in 2008.  Becoming jaded?


************************************************************

 Police: Language barrier foiled robbery

ORLANDO, Fla. (UPI) -- Authorities in Florida credited a language barrier with foiling a trio of armed robbers who targeted a Chinese restaurant.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office said the three masked men entered the New China eatery in Orlando a little after 9 p.m. Monday and demanded three employees hand over the money from the cash register, the Orlando Sentinel reported Tuesday.

However, the employees apparently had trouble understanding the robbers. Two of the masked men pounded on the register in an attempt to open it, accidentally firing a gun in the process.

Police said the attempted robbers left without any cash and hopped a retaining wall into Woodridge Apartments. A police dog led officers to a car and three men were detained, but not officially arrested.

No injuries were reported. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks