Monday, December 5, 2011

5 Dec 11 - Monday - Snow Day

Stats:  Weight is 149.4.  It is around 930 as I write this so I have no morning constitutional and quite a few cups of coffee plus my morning pills and Metamucil.

Had an eventful weekend.  Saturday night around 0320/0330 I woke up to pain beyond description it felt I like had stuck a red hot poker stuck in my back and far surpassed even the pain I had had during potassium IVs.
.  What first happened when I woke up I noticed my sleep mask was making a gurgling sound I figured it was because I had set the humidity level way to high and moisture condensed in the hose. The second thing was the pain.  After a great deal of effort I was able to take off the mask and slide over to the machine to shut it off.  The pain was so intense that I could not talk and only groans came out so I tried groaning to help relieve the pain.  No luck there.  For around 1/2 hour my body just shivered (like I had the chills but I was warm) and shook.  I thought I was going to shatter my teeth I was shaking so hard from the pain.  After a while the sounds I was making (grunts/groans) woke my wife up in the other bedroom she tried to help but there literally was nothing she could do ... ....  well almost nothing.  At around 4:15 came close but decided to not call an ambulance or go to the emergency room. (no heart attach symptoms or anything else I was familiar with) other than I had this same type of pain, just not so intense, Thursday/Thanksgiving Day or rather night.

We finally decide to take 2 Advil and again brought up going to the ER.  But as I lay there the body shivering and pain started to diminish.  Around 4:30 or so was like 95% pain free.  Advil made me kinda sluggish and I ended up falling asleep until 0845 and I finally able to walk.

Pain was located just below the ribcage on my left side.  Almost like what a kidney stone pain is described as.  No blood in urine doing great there.

Now when I cough or sneeze I get an immense shooting of pain up my left side until it hits/stops just below the left ear.  Been taking 1 Advil if the pain starts to get too intense.

Running out of steam .. maybe more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks