Friday, March 8, 2013

Where does the time go?

       Seriously!  It is Friday and I can't believe that the week has just disappeared.  Why is "time" just flitting by?  Yeah, I know my life is F'd up but I don't work except for stuff around the house so how does time just disappear so quickly?

   Segue way into:   I bought a new software program (from Sam's Club) called Fix-It Utilities Pro.  Since I had used previous versions and had been well pleased with how it worked I bought the newest version which worked with Windows 7.  So I realize that the time I spent dealing with the installation makes time just slip away. 

Fix-it Utilities 12 Professional, Download Version

    I went to install it and then the nightmare began.  I must have installed, re-installed, scrubbed the registry between 20 and 30 times.  Spent days on it.  If my time is worth x amount of dollars per hour ........ well the product cost $40.00 and I spent $5,000.00 installing it.  Me be just plain stupid.

   The problem arose when the system wants to upgrade the product from version 12.0.32.22 to the latest/newest version of 14.3.32.22.  Then everything just disappears with the exception of keys in the registry.  I can feel my chest getting tight just writing this little bit about it.  Needless to say I am not upgrading the product because it works for what I want it to at the current level.

   Today is gonna be a good day because I get to go out.  I have to go to the Coumadin doc to test for warfarin levels  Then I need to go to WalMart to pick up a prescription.  


   Yesterday was absolutely freaking beautiful, today is gonna be nice but tomorrow might bring rain and snow in the higher elevations.  Higher elevations?  Heck I'm at 5500 feet...  

   Yesterday was 70 degrees so I potted around in the garage and FINALLY put the Xmas lights back in the boxes and into the cabinet.  Inventoried stuff and tried to figure out what I need to get the yard looking kinda nice.

   Started the bike up and left it run for a little bit.  EVERY time I do that I think I just might say the hell with everyone and try and start riding again.  I just can't seem to bring myself to sell it!   Once I almost traded it for a C-5 Yellow Corvette but the guys wife lit into him pretty bad. I guess he has several other Harleys' and she put her foot down?  Oh well.

You have to read this article, 2 years this guy spent in solitary confinement here in New Mexiko.  Incredible.


Synopsis: A man who was driving across country in 2005 and found himself thrown in a New Mexico jail for DWI and then spent nearly two years in solitary confinement, has won $15.5 million in one of the largest prisoner civil rights awards in U.S. history.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/prisoner-left-solitary-years-receives-155m-settlement/story?id=18677197


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks