Thursday, March 14, 2013

High levels of frustration with Fix-It Utilities Pro

    I cannot recall the last time I have been so frustrated with the installation of a program.  Seriously! !  I bought Fix-It Utilities at Sam's Club because I had owned previous versions of the software and thought highly of it.

    This version is # 12.0.32.24 and I'm so sorry I bought it.  I certainly cannot take it back to Sam's Club, nor do I feel like sending it back the the parent company, Avanquest.  Although it does do a fine job of cleaning up the registry there are freeware programs that do that job and are maybe a little better at it.

    I have installed, un-installed, and re-installed the product around 30 times.  This to include hand scrubbing the registry of all remnants of the program.  Super time consuming and still do not have an anti-virus portion running

   The latest fiasco was I left information, pictures of the problem, on the VCOM website.  They responded and said to download another program and install it. I thought cool ! !  Just had to go to here:   https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24659340/ReleasedBuilds/14.3/FI_PRO_14.3.32.2_ENU.exe download it and I will then have working version # 14.3.32.4 BUT when I went to install it I had this error happen





  When I say OK it continues to install but does not install the Anti-Malware (anti-virus) portion of the program.  Then after the program is installed and you try to install the frikken updates you get this error:

    So far I have not had any response from the technical/help desk folks.

    I am within 24 hours of saying the heck with it.  The program only cost $40.00 but I have spent approximately 24 hours of my time dealing with it and even at minimum wage ($7.50 an hour)  that would come to around $180. bucks.  Not to bright on my part is it?

Enough.

AND check this out !  !


I was on hold for 45 minutes while waiting to tell them I had direct access to their server.  I literally could have downloaded all of their programs and it would have been a piece of cake to bust 'em.  I didn't even get a thank you well  I did see below.  Here is the email I received from them after I sent a recording of what I had done and what was wrong on their part.  Again . . . enough.....................


Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting Avanquest Technical Support.

Thank you for the quick response, we have verified this and have relayed the information to our developer, we are currently correcting this information and we appreciate your assistance. This issue will be resolve within the day. We appreciate your comments and suggestion. 

If you have any further questions, please write back to us.

Thank you,   
Imee D
Avanquest Technical Support

Office hours are: 
8:00AM to 5:00PM Pacific Time, Monday-Friday
Closed, Saturday and Sunday
We are closed on all major holidays.

The Technical Support department strives to provide our customers with quality technical support.  We are always looking for means to improve our services.  Please take a moment to respond to the survey found below.

http://www.avanquest.com/survey

--------------- Original Message ---------------
From: Matt DeBack [matt.deback@comcast.net]
Sent: 3/13/2013
To: support2@avanquestusa.com
Subject: Re: Avanquest USA Case # 00185439:    [ ref:_00D60IlZ8._50060P1vvj:ref ]


Attached please find the recorded steps that allowed me to go where I 
shouldnot have been allowed.
  I figured this might be a little better than the screen shots alone.

Any further info just let me know.

Matt

On 3/13/2013 10:33 AM, Avanquest Support wrote:
Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting Avanquest USA Technical Support.

Please reply with the screenshot of the page for us to research on the issue.

If you have any further questions, please write back to us.

Thank you,
Imee
Avanquest USA Technical Support

Office hours are:
8:00AM to 5:00PM Pacific Time, Monday-Friday
Closed, Saturday and Sunday
We are closed on all major holidays.

The Technical Support department strives to provide our customers with quality technical support. We are always looking for means to improve our services. Please take a moment to respond to the survey found below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X3NM876


ref:_00D60IlZ8._50060P1vvj:ref



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Easiest if you use the Anonymous as the profile. But hey.. what do I know. If you want to criticize or lambast me please feel free to do so. . . In advance, Thanks